- Author, journalist, and former feature writer for Haaretz
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“I consider myself a leftwing Israeli. I am in favour of a two-state solution: Israeli and Palestinian states living in peace, security and dignity, side-by-side. To accomplish this goal Israel has to put an end to the occupation.
“We Cannot Have Them Back,” The Guardian, Sep. 19, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Media and Academic Journals
Mainstream print, broadcast, radio, and internet media entities such as the New York Times, CNN, ABC News, National Public Radio, Slate.com, Seattlepi.com, etc., as well as influential academic journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Foreign Policy, etc.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Contributing Editor, TheTower.org, 2013-present
- Member, International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), 1997-present
- Former Feature Writer and Intelligence Commentator, Walla, 2012-2013
- Former Feature Writer, Haaretz
- Nieman Fellow, Harvard University, 1990
- Recipient, Sokolov Award, 2009
- Recipient, Boris Smolar Award of Excellence in International News or Feature Reporting, 1995
- Recipient, Simon Rockower Award for Excellence in Jewish Journalism, 1994
- Attended Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Legal name is Yosef Melman
- Born in Poland
- Emigrated to Israel in 1957 at the age of 6
- Lives in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Married to Billie Melman, Professor of Modern History at Tel Aviv University
- Has contributed to the Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe and The Guardian and appeared on CBS’ 60 Minutes, NBC’s Today Show, CNN and the BBC.