- Co-Founder and Executive Editor of the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs (WRMEA)
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“There will be peace based upon a two-state solution…
[T]he settlement will give the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza self-determination and a largely demilitarized state of their own. It will give the Israelis real security through a peace with all of their Arab neighbors, based upon recognized borders and guaranteed by the superpowers. It will provide equal civil and national rights for all of the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim residents of Jerusalem under a joint administration.
Eventually, the economic ties linking all residents of Jerusalem will almost certainly be extended, voluntarily, to the inhabitants of the surrounding states of Israel, Palestine and Jordan. Citing such economic ties presently linking Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg, Yasser Arafat calls it the “Benelux” solution. The rest of the world will just call it peace.”
“Palestinian-Israeli Dispute: Knowing When It’s Over,” Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, www.wrmeap.org, 1989
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-Founder and Executive Editor, Washington Report on Middle East Affairs (WRMEA), 1982-2013
- Co-Founder, Council for the National Interest, 1984
- Co-Founder, American Educational Trust (AET), 1982
- Co-Founder, American Arab Affairs Council (now the Middle East Policy Council), 1981
- Voice of America Arabic Service, 1970-1973
- Foreign Service Officer, Department of State and United States Information Agency (USIA), 1951-1980
- Recipient, Edward R. Murrow Award for Excellence in Public Diplomacy, 1974
- BA, Journalism, University of Southern California, 1948
- Born in Grand Rapids, MI on June 13, 1927
- Died in Silver Spring, MD on Jan. 31, 2013
- Legal name is Richard Holden Curtiss
- Wrote and directed two one-hour educational films about the Gulf
- Contributed weekly columns to Arab News
- Quoted in: