- Professor of Semitic Languages at Columbia University
- None Found to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
No position found as of Sep. 7, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Semitic languages at Columbia University, 1886 – 1930
- Head of the American School of Archaeology, Jerusalem, 1909 – 1910
- Head of the Oriental department of the New York Public Library, 1896 – 1900
- Editor of The Jewish Encyclopedia
- President of the American Federation of Zionists
- PhD, Linguistics, Leipzig, 1904
- Graduated from Columbia College, 1881
- Quoted in: