- Sultan of Oman
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
Speaking on behalf of the Sultanate of Oman, the foreign minister stated:
“On behalf of the Governement of the Sultanate of Oman… Israel must respond to the demands of the International Community and respect international resolutions. It should positively respond to the international efforts aimed at the implementation of the Road Map that gives international guarantees to both parties in order to establish peace based on the establishment of an independent sovereign Palestinian state on all the Palestinian territories occupied by Israel since 1967.
Such a solution would give States of the Middle East a historical chance to build a new Middle East.”
Statement Of H.E. Mr. Yousef bin Alawi bin Absullah, the Minister Responsible for Foreign Affairs of the Sultanate of Oman, statement to the 58th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, Oct. 1, 2003
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Recipient, Georgetown University’s Center for Contemporary Arab Studies’ 25th anniversary Founder’s Award, 2000
- Recipient, International Peace Award, National Council on US-Arab Relations, 1998
- British Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst
- None found