- Masjid Imam of the Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam
- None Found to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
No position found as of Apr. 26, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Masjid Imam of the Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam, Atlanta, Georgia
- Works closely as an aide and supporter of Imam W. Deen Mohammed and his Ministry
- Serves on several interfaith, religious, and government councils, including the Georgia Human Relations Commission, the Interfaith Coalition of Atlanta, and the Religious Advisory Board of Emory University
- As part of the World Pilgrims, he has led a group of 75 Muslims, Christians and Jews through the religious and cultural landscape of Turkey, as well as an interfaith group of 33 through Morocco and Spain (Andalusia), a group of 38 on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Palestine, and more recently, a group of 25 to Istanbul and Athens to deepen their working relationships with one another
- Traveled alone to Saudi Arabia´s Cultural Heritage Festival representing Imam Mohammed and as a guest of Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz
- Led a delegation of 35 Muslim youth and young adults from the U.S., to meet and counsel with leaders of Malaysia, as a study Tour for building international bridges, 1997
- On three occasions, Imam El-Amin was part of a select delegation of leaders that traveled with Imam W. Deen Mohammed to Saudi Arabia; twice on an educational mission, and again to assist the U.S. Military with religious orientation in the Gulf Crisis
- Under his leadership, the Mohammed School System that began in 1980 with 60 students and 8 staff members has grown to an enrollment of more than 300 students and 40 staff personnel
- BA, Harvard University
- Converted to Islam in 1974