- US Congresswoman (D-NY)
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“Congresswoman Lowey believes we must work tirelessly to facilitate a two-state solution in the Middle East, and recognizes that the aspirations of the Palestinian people can only be achieved by the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip and by having leaders who strictly adhere to the Quartet principles, pursue peace with Israel, and commit to countering terrorism.”
“Foreign Affairs,” lowey.house.gov (accessed Sep. 21, 2015)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- US Congresswoman (D-NY), 1988-present
- Served on the Select Committee on Homeland Security, 2003
- Chair, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, 2001-2002
- Member, House Appropriations Committee
- Ranking Democrat, Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Subcommittee
- Served on the National Council for the Arts
- Former Chair, Congressional Women’s Caucus and the House Pro-Choice Caucus
- BA, Mount Holyoke College
- None found