- Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Delaware
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“Hamas’ victory is not just a negative vote against the PA; just as Israelis turned to Ariel Sharon after the failure of the peace process in 2001, the Palestinians, too, have now turned toward Hamas after the failure of the road map to peace in search of another alternative. The road map has been such a failure that Israel under Sharon had already abandoned it, to pursue a unilateral agenda of separation by withdrawing from Gaza and building a wall between the two populations in the West Bank.”
Daily Times (Pakistan), Feb. 9, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science and International Relations, University of Delaware
- Nonresident Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Political commentary writer for multiple news media outlets including: the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Newsweek
- Political commentary on BBC, CNN, FOX and VOA TV, NPR and other radio and TV networks
- Webmaster, Globalog, Muqtedar Khan’s personal Blog and website on Global Affairs
- Editor-in-Chief, Muslim Public Affairs Journal
- Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy
- Institute for Social Policy and Understanding
- President, Vice President and General Secretary of the Association of Muslim Social Scientists
- PhD, International Relations, Political Philosophy, and Islamic Political Thought, Georgetown University, 2000
- MA, Development and International Political Economy, International Studies, Florida International University, Miami, 1995.
- MBA, Strategic Management and Marketing 1989, India
- BE, Electronics and Communications Eng. 1987, India
- From Hyderabad in India