- Physician, Chairman of the Hovevei Zion ("Lovers of Zion" Russian Jewish Socialist-Zionist Movement)
- None Found to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
None found as of June 4, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chairman of the Hovevei Zion
- Prominent Zionist activist from the city of Odessa (Ukraine), who traveled throughout Russia and Europe seeking to convince Jews of the importance of Zionism and the creation of a Jewish State in Palestine, while also keeping open the possibility of creating a state in other geographic locations, such as Argentina
- Studied law at the University of Odessa (one of the first Jews to study at the University)
- MD, University of Moscow
- Born in Tomaszow, Poland, 1821
- Died in Odessa, 1891
- Authored the pamphlet Autoemancipation: A Warning of a Russian Jew to His Brethren (1882)
- Also known as Yehuda Leib
- Quoted in: