- Co-founder of the Committee Against Zionism and Racism
- Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“The two-state solution ignores the physical and political realities on the ground, and presumes a false parity in power and moral claims between a colonized and occupied people on the one hand and a colonizing state and military occupier on the other…
The two-state solution entrenches and formalizes a policy of unequal separation on a land that has become ever more integrated territorially and economically. All the international efforts to implement a two-state solution cannot conceal the fact that a Palestinian state is not viable, and that Palestinian and Israeli Jewish independence in separate states cannot resolve fundamental injustices, the acknowledgment and redress of which are at the core of any just solution.
In light of these stark realities, we affirm our commitment to a democratic solution that will offer a just, and thus enduring, peace in a single state.”
Cosigned alongside 67 others, “The One State Declaration,” electronicintifada.net, Nov. 29, 2007
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Co-founder of the Committee Against Zionism and Racism, 1990
- Co-founder of the National Association for Irish Justice, 1968
- Organized the Committee for Narcotic Reform in Berkeley, 1963
- Involved with the American Civil Rights Movement, 1960’s
- None found
- None found
- Quoted in: