- U.S. Senator (R-AZ)
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“We support a two state solution for Israel and the Palestinians. But let me be clear, it is a two state solution that is achieved through negotiations, not an empty UN fiat, and that ensures the Jewish state will be secure within its borders, and its right to remain so is recognized and respected by Palestinians and all Israel’s neighbors.”
“Remarks by Senator John McCain at 2011 AIPAC National Summit,” www.mccain.senate.gov, Oct. 31, 2011
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- US Senator of Arizona, 1986-present
- Serves on the Armed Services Committee
- Spent 5 years as a prisoner of war (Vietnam), two of them in solitary confinement, 1967-1973
- Awarded the Bronze Star
- Awarded the Legion of Merit
- Awarded the Purple Heart
- Awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross
- Naval Academy, 1958
- McCain died on Aug. 25, 2018