- Former Lebanese Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“It has become certain to everyone, except to the arrogant in Israel, that there can be no security without a political solution, and no partial, peaceful, political solution without the comprehensive peace that embodies the spirit of the  Madrid Conference and the integrated  Arab peace initiative of the Arab Summit in Beirut.
Such a solution is based on the relevant international resolutions which return to Lebanon the remaining territory still under Israeli occupation, including Shebaa Farms; which return to Syria its territory up to the line of 4 June 1967; and which allow the Palestinian refugees to exercise their legal, humanitarian, and moral right of return to their homeland. Such a process should ensure the establishment of a sovereign, independent, stable, and viable Palestinian state with al-Quds al-Sharif as its capital.”
58th session of the U.N. General Assembly, Sep. 24, 2003
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, 2003-2004
- Minister of National Education, Sports and Youth, 1996
- Deputy of North Lebanon, 1996
- Minister of State, 1993
- Deputy of Tripoli North Lebanon, 1992
- Deputy of the Chouf (central region of Lebanon), 1991
- Advisor on Arab Affairs, Office of the President, 1983-1987
- Negotiator with Palestinians in Tunis at the request of President Gemayel after the (PLO) left Lebanon in 1982
- LLB, Law, Saint Joseph University-Beirut, 1960
- Twitter handle: @JeanBObeid
- Was born on May 8, 1939 in Alma, Lebanon