- King of The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“We will participate to restore our rights, honoring our loyalty to our Jerusalem and our commitment to stand beside the Palestinian people and to help them put an end to their tragedy by regaining their sovereignty on their soil; to support them to obtain their legitimate rights so that they can live like other people, secure in their homeland seeking their prosperity.”
“Address to the Jordanian National Congress, Amman,” www.kinghussein.gov.jo, Oct. 12, 1991
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Signed the Jordanian-Israeli Peace Treaty, 1994
- Participated in convening the Madrid Peace Conference, 1991
- Participated in the drafting of the U.N. Security Council Resolution 242, 1967
- Formal Accession to the throne, May 2, 1953
- Proclaimed King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Aug. 11, 1952
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, England, Military Education
- Harrow School, England
- Victoria College, Alexandria, Egypt
- None found