- Professor Emeritus of History and International Affairs at George Washington University
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“A two-state solution is not only acceptable. It is indispensable.”
In an e-mail response to ProCon. org, 06/21/06
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Area concentration: Middle Eastern and European History
- Consultant and lecturer on Middle Eastern affairs for the United States Foreign Service Institute
- Guest Lecturer at the Hebrew University, Tel Aviv University, and John Hopkins University
- Member of the American Historical Association
- Two-time recipient of the National Jewish Book Award
- Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, from the Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion, 1996
- PhD, Harvard University
- MA, Harvard University
- BA, Swarthmore College
- Dr. Sacher died on Apr. 18, 2018 at age 90.