- Secretary General of Hezbollah
- Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“We can foresee with hope the victory, and the defeat of the Zionists, and we foresee the coming day in which the Zionists will collect their clothes and money to go back to the place where they came from.”
Speech on the second anniversary of the Al-Aqsa Intifada, Sep. 27, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Appointed Secretary General of Hizbullah at the insistence of the Ayatollah Khamenei, after Israel assassinated the movement’s leader Sheikh Musawi, 1992-present
- Seminary of Qom, Iran, 1987-1989
- Studied and taught at Sheikh Abbas al-Musawi’s school, Baalbak, Lebanon
- Forced to leave Iraq along with hundreds of Lebanese clerics and students, 1978
- Shiite Seminary Hawza, Najaf, Iraq, 1976-1978
- Born in Lebanon, 1960