- Political Activist and Columnist for De Standaard
- Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“To all those who wonder about the solution for the situation in Palestine and use that argument to promote surrender of the Palestinians. The solution is the defeat of colonialism, apartheid and racism in Palestine. This can only happen when the colonial apartheid state called Israel is dismantled and replaced by one democratic state on the historical land of Palestine. In that Palestinian state, all citizens are equal regardless of race, religion or origin.
This is the only way to achieve peace because it is the only just and humane solution. And how to make this happen? Resistance on all levels. Resistance with the gun, with the word, with art, through boycott, through mobilisation, protest, diplomacy. One effort building up one national and international anti-zionist and anti-apartheid (this apartheid is also a defacto part of the two states solution) movement that will #FreePalestine like #southAfrica was freed.”
“What and How? And What about Armed Resistance?,” www.aboujahjah.org, July 22, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Columnist, De Standaard
- Founder, Movement X, 2013
- Candidate, Arab European League, Belgium Parliament, 2003
- Founder, Sabra and Shatila Committee, 2001
- Founder, Arab European League, Antwerp, Belgium, 2000
- MA, Political Science, Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium)
- Twitter handle: @Aboujahjah
- Born in Hanin, Lebanon on Sep. 24, 1971
- Moved to Belgium in 1991, when he was 19, after being granted asylum. Became a Belgium citizen in 1996.
- Arrested in 2002 for allegedly organizing riots in Antwerp. He was acquitted of all charges on Oct. 21, 2008.
- Banned from visiting the United Kingdom in 2009 after being deemed an extremist