- Former U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader (R-TX)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“I have never taken the position that there should not be a Palestinian state. I am for a Palestinian state… The question is where is it. Not necessarily, in Israel.”
Stated on “Hardball with Chris Matthews,” www.nbcnews.com, Sep. 25, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Majority Leader in the 104th Congress
- Elected to Congress, 1984
- PhD, Economics, University of Oklahoma
- MA, Economics, University of North Dakota
- None found