- Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Prime Minister of Israel
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“The solution lies not in appeasing the maximalist territorial demands of the Palestinians, but in truly creating ‘two states for two peoples.’
The current demands from some in the international community are to create a homogeneous pure Palestinian state and a binational state in Israel. This becomes the one-and-a-half to half state solution. For lasting peace and security we need to create true political division between Arabs and Jews, with each enjoying self-determination.
Therefore, for a lasting and fair solution, there needs to be an exchange of populated territories to create two largely homogeneous states, one Jewish Israeli and the other Arab Palestinian. Of course, this is not to preclude that minorities will remain in either state where they will receive full civil rights.
There will be no so-called Palestinian right of return.”
“My Blueprint for a Resolution,” Jerusalem Post, June 23, 2010
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs, 2009-present
- Israeli Deputy Prime Minister, 2006-2008, 2009-present
- Founder and Leader, Yisrael Beiteinu party, Israeli Knesset, 1999-present
- Israeli Minister of Strategic Affairs, 2006-2008
- Israeli Minister of Transportation, 2003-2004
- Israeli Minister of National Infrastructure, 1999-2002
- Director-General, Israeli Prime Minister’s Office, 1996-1997
- Director-General, Likud party, 1993-1996
- Member, Board of Directors of Economic Corporation of Jerusalem, 1983-1988
- Former Founder, Zionist Forum for Soviet Jewry
- Former Member of the Board, Jerusalem Economic Corporation
- Former Secretary, Jerusalem Branch, National Workers’ Union
- BA, Social Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Born on June 5, 1958 in Kishinev, Moldova
- Lieberman’s father served in the Soviet Army and spent seven years in a Siberian Gulag under Joseph Stalin’s rule.
- Quoted in: