- King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Pro to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
The roadmap provides for a comprehensive, two-state solution, the only kind of peace that can endure: a sovereign, democratic and viable Palestine; security guarantees for Israel; and a process that leads to a comprehensive settlement that addresses the Syrian and Lebanese tracks. The roadmap provides for justice and security, bringing together the entire region, from Morocco to Yemen, in a healing process of reconciliation and hope. We must now work together to deliver upon that promise.
“Hope of Peace in the Middle East,” Feb. 22, 2005
- Involvement and Affiliations:
“King Abdullah II proclaimed Crown Prince on the 24th of January 1999 by a Royal Decree. He had also assumed the position of Crown Prince at birth by a Royal Decree until April 1st, 1965.
Since his ascension to the throne, King Abdullah II has continued his late father’s commitment to creating a strong and positive moderating role for Jordan within the Arab region and the world, and has worked towards the establishment of a just and lasting comprehensive solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict. King Abdullah II is committed to building on the late King’s legacy to further institutionalize democratic and political pluralism in Jordan. He has exerted extensive effort to insuring sustainable levels of economic growth and social development aimed at improving the standard of living of all Jordanians.” (Official Website of King Abdullah II)
- Attended Georgetown University, 1987
- Special Studies Course in Middle Eastern Affairs, Oxford University, 1982
- Attended British Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, U.K., 1980
- Attended St. Edmund’s School in Surrey, England
- Attended Islamic Educational College, Amman
- None found