- Former Leader of Hamas
- Con to the question "Is a Two-State Solution (Israel and Palestine) an Acceptable Solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?"
“No recognition of the Zionist entity. For if I cannot liberate [Palestine] then then future generations will inevitably do so… All the land of Palestine is a part of the Islamic faith and the Caliph Omar bin al-Khattab declared it for all Muslims. Therefore, no individual or group has the right to sell it or give it up.”
“Straight From the Mouth of Hamas,” Kul al-Arab, Jan. 9, 1998
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Assassinated by Israeli security forces, Apr. 17, 2004
- Named Head of Hamas upon the assassination of Sheikh Yassin, Mar. 2004
- Founding member of Hamas, 1987
- Chief Pediatrician, Khan Yunis Government Hospital, 1978
- Joined the Muslim Brotherhood, 1976
- MD, Pediatric Medicine, Alexandria University
- MA, Pediatrics, Alexandria University
- Born: Oct. 23 1947
- Deceased: Apr. 17 2004