Media and Academic Journals Mainstream print, broadcast, radio, and internet media entities such as the New York Times, CNN, ABC News, National Public Radio, Slate.com, Seattlepi.com, etc., as well as influential academic journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Foreign Policy, etc.
"Al Jazeera English, the 24-hour English-language news and current affairs channel, headquartered in Doha."
"About Us: Corporate Profile," Al Jazeera website (accessed June 19, 2008)
"1. Adhere to the journalistic values of honesty, courage, fairness, balance, independence, credibility and diversity, giving no priority to commercial or political considerations over professional ones.
2. Endeavour to get to the truth and declare it in our dispatches, programmes and news bulletins unequivocally in a manner which leaves no doubt about its validity and accuracy.
3. Treat our audiences with due respect and address every issue or story with due attention to present a clear, factual and accurate picture while giving full consideration to the feelings of victims of crime, war, persecution and disaster, their relatives and our viewers, and to individual privacy and public decorum.
4. Welcome fair and honest media competition without allowing it to affect adversely our standards of performance so that getting a 'scoop' will not become an end in itself.
5. Present diverse points of view and opinions without bias or partiality.
6. Recognise diversity in human societies with all their races, cultures and beliefs and their values and intrinsic individualities in order to present unbiased and faithful reflection of them.
7. Acknowledge a mistake when it occurs, promptly correct it and ensure it does not recur.
8. Observe transparency in dealing with news and news sources while adhering to internationally established practices concerning the rights of these sources.
9. Distinguish between news material, opinion and analysis to avoid the pitfalls of speculation and propaganda.
10. Stand by colleagues in the profession and offer them support when required, particularly in light of the acts of aggression and harassment to which journalists are subjected at times. Cooperate with Arab and international journalistic unions and associations to defend freedom of the press."
"About Us: Code of Ethics," Al Jazeera website (accessed June 19, 2008)
Ahmad al Sheikh, Editorial Director
# of Offices:
Total number unknown (Headquarters in Doha, Qatar)
# of Staff:
Operating Division of Aljazeera Channel
Sheikh Hamad ben Khalifa, leader of Qatar, invested $5 million dollars to Aljazeera in five years and is a principle shareholder
Mohamed ben Jassem al Thani, Foreign minister of Qatar, first cousin to Sheikh Hamad ben Khalifa, leader of Qatar, is a shareholder in Aljazeera
Important note: Jazeera Space Channel TV station whose website is Aljazeera.net are not associated with Aljazeera Publishing and Aljazeera.com. Jazeera Space Channel TV station disassociates itself from the views and opinions Al jazeera Publishing.